How we use your personal data
Flor Affair Ltd has created this statement (“Statement”) in order to explain our commitment to the protection and privacy of your personal data online. The following describes the information gathering and dissemination practices for the Flor Affair Ltd web site.
The website at https://www.floraffair.com (the “Website”) is owned by Flor Affair Ltd (Flor Affair, “we”, “us”). For the purposes of the Data Protection Act, the data controller is Flor Affair. We are committed to protecting the personal data of visitors to our Website and complying with all applicable laws in the use of the information we collect about you.
This statement (together with our Terms and Conditions of our products and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the statement carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it, including what type of information is collected and tracked on the Website, how the information is used, and with whom the information is shared.
The contents of this Privacy Statement may change without notice and from time to time.
What we personal information we collect
The Information we collect
We may collect two types of information from users of this Website:
(i) “Personal Information” (including, but not limited to, your name, address, telephone number (including mobile number), and e-mail address; and
(ii) Anonymous “Non-Personally Identifiable Information” (such as information about how users log on to our Website).
The personal information we may collect and process includes:
- Personal details that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our services or requesting further services, including, but not limited to, your name , address, telephone number (including mobile number), and e-mail address
- Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data (including IP address), weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access
- If you contact us via the Website, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- Details of any transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of orders
- Dealings with third parties who hold personal information on you (which could include organisations such as banks, credit card agencies). They may provide this information as a matter of ordinary business dealings, or we may ask them to do so.
What we do with the Information we collect
The personal information you provide on the Website will be used, amongst other things, for the following purposes:
- To process your order;
- By our payment processor, who may transfer your personal data outside of the EEA, to help them process the payment request. (We have entered into an agreement with the processor to ensure that personal data transferred outside of the EEA, is subject to controls that provide the same level of protection as we are required to give to personal data);
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes; and
- To notify you about changes to our services
In addition to circumstances set out elsewhere in this statement, we may also disclose the personal information provided by you or collected from you to any member of our group of companies. We will only share relevant information with these parties. All such companies are obliged to respect the confidentiality of this personal information.
We may also disclose this personal information to third parties:
- If Flor Affair, or a substantial amount of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about customers will be one of the transferred assets
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of our products and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Flor Affair, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- For marketing purposes, as described in more detail under “Direct Marketing” below.
How We Use Demographic Information
We use this information to tailor our Site to the interests of our users. This information may be shared with advertisers only on an aggregate basis so that they can tailor their advertisements to the appropriate audience. We do not pass on personal details to them of any individuals.
Our Security Precautions
Our site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Our secure server software (SSL) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet.
Where you give permission to user selected third parties (such as mutual commercial partners who may advertise on our website or run competitions from time to time) to use your personal information, we may contact you by e-mail, mail, telephone, SMS or other means (as permitted by your consent)
If you would like to opt-out of Flor Affair contacting you for marketing purposes, you can do so at any time by e-mailing us at Customersare@floraffair .ie. However, once you have consented to the transfer of your personal information to a third party as previously described, you must follow the opt out /modify procedures provided by such third party, to opt out of their marketing or to modify your personal information retained by such third party.
A ‘cookie’ is a small piece of information that many web sites use to help make shopping online easier. Information is stored on your computer’s hard drive (in your browsers temporary internet files folder).
Our Website uses and stores this type of information, as with that obtained from other cookies used on the site, to help it improve the services to its users. Our Website does not store personally identifiable information in your cookie in order to minimise any security risk.
When you visit this site, your cookie helps us keep track of your shopping cart contents. If you choose to buy from us, your cookie allows us to recognise you and the contents of your shopping cart.
We use an independent measurement and research company to gather data regarding the visitors to this web site using cookies and code which is embedded in the site. Both the cookies and the embedded code provide statistical information about visits to pages on the site, the duration of individual page view, paths taken by visitors through the site, data on visitors’ screen settings and other general information. This data is for Flor Affair use only.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Data Protection Officer, Flor Affair, Estuary House , Estuary Road, Malahide, Co Dublin.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Flowers the category info on the page that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id .|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|